Au commencement, Dieu ...

Au commencement...
Un mécanicien à l'école du web...
La vision en 10 points...

Modérateur: passy

After Cousins went

Message par hongwei28 » 20 Août 2018, 06:22

Second night of a back-to-back on the road – at elevation no less. Losing their goaltender midway through the game. Blocking 33 shots.

No wonder Philadelphia coach Dave Hakstol was so complimentary.

”Just a gutsy effort Authentic Troy Apke Jersey ,” he said.

Ivan Provorov had a goal and an assist, Petr Mrazek stopped all 17 shots he faced in relief of starter Michal Neuvirth and the Flyers held off the Colorado Avalanche 2-1 on Wednesday night.

Claude Giroux also scored as the Flyers climbed into third place in the Metropolitan Division. They’re tied in points (92) with second-place Pittsburgh, with the Penguins currently holding the tiebreaker.

”Every point matters right now,” Mrazek said.

Philadelphia looked crisp early – scoring both goals in the first period – despite losing in overtime at Dallas a night earlier. Neuvirth turned back 10 shots in his first game since suffering a lower-body injury on Feb. 18, but he exited the game midway through the second period for an undisclosed reason. Hakstol had no update after the game.

Mrazek took over and was exceptional, especially in the last five minutes when the Avalanche turned up the pressure. He withstood a flurry of shots in the last few seconds, including one from Gabriel Landeskog where the red light briefly came on after the puck flew by the net.

”Those five minutes felt like 15. So long,” Mrazek said. ”Lots of blocked shots in front of me, a couple of lucky bounces today. Didn’t see, I think, one or two pucks get to my pad. Big thanks to these guys in front the last five minutes.”

Matt Nieto scored for an Avalanche team that’s on the outside of the playoff picture with five games remaining. They’ve lost three of four, including two of those at home where they’ve been stellar all season. The Avs are 16-4-1 at the Pepsi Center over their last 21 games.

What’s more Authentic Dalton Schultz Jersey , Colorado’s offense has suddenly gone silent with five goals now in the last four games.

”When our line goes cold we lose games,” star forward Nathan MacKinnon said. ”If we have some chances it’s up to us to bury them.”

Andrew Hammond had 31 saves during an emergency start for Semyon Varlamov, who was sidelined by an illness. Varlamov had appeared in 21 straight games for the Avalanche.

Hammond was called up from San Antonio of the American Hockey League earlier in the day as an insurance policy. It was his first appearance for Colorado after splitting time between the minors and a backup role. He also dealt with what the team called a head injury. Hammond was acquired as part of a three-team trade that sent Matt Duchene to Ottawa in November.

”I think it took me a period to get my legs under me,” said Hammond, who played in his first NHL game in more than a year. ”The unfortunate part is I guess the game-winning goal ended up being scored in that period. But as the game went on I settled in and started to feel better.”

Nieto cut it to 2-1 by poking the puck past Neuvirth at 5:36 of the second period.

Colorado pulled Hammond with around 90 seconds left but couldn’t score the equalizer despite turning up the pressure.

Giroux put the Flyers up 1-0 in the first with his 27th goal, and Provorov added another nearly eight minutes later with a blast from the blue line.

With Provorov’s score, the Flyers have 48 goals from their defensemen – the team’s most in a season since the group accounted for 52 in 1992-93.

”This is how the game is played right now,” Provorov said. ”You can’t create offense with just three forwards. You have to move and have mobile `D.’ I think that’s what we have on our team.”

NOTES: Flyers D Shayne Gostisbehere set up Giroux’s goal. Gostisbehere has five assists over his last three games. … D Andrew MacDonald had seven blocked shots. … Avs RW Sven Andrighetto missed a third straight game with a lower-body injury. … Backup G Jonathan Bernier remains sidelined as he deals with a cut on his hand that became infected. He faced some shots during a morning skate Wednesday, but didn’t have his stick.

UP NEXT

Flyers: Host Boston on Sunday.

Avalanche: Face Chicago on Friday before a three-game trip.

More NHL hockey: The NFL’s catch rule would get less complicated if team owners approve recommendations from the powerful competition committee.

One of the first orders of business when the league’s annual meetings begin Monday in Orlando, Florida, will be a proposal by the committee to clarify what is a catch. Commissioner Roger Goodell said during the week of the Super Bowl he would urge simplification of the rules.

”Catch/no catch is at the top of everyone’s minds,” Troy Vincent Giants Nate Solder Jersey , the NFL’s football operations chief, said Wednesday before outlining the committee’s recommendations.

The owners will be asked to vote on clarifications that eliminate parts of the rule involving a receiver going to the ground, and that also eliminate negating a catch for slight movement of the ball while it is in the receiver’s possession. No calls in the last few years – not even pass interference – have caused more consternation than overturned catches in key situations, including those by Dez Bryant, Jesse James and Austin Seferian-Jenkins.

”We were at the point as far as players and particularly coaches who asked, `Why is that not a catch?”’ Vincent said. ”We talked to fans, coaches and players and we asked the groups, `Would you like this to be a catch?’ It was 100 percent yes.

”Then we began writing rules that actually apply to making these situations catches.”

Here’s what would constitute a catch if the owners approve the competition committee’s alterations:

– control of the ball;

– getting two feet down;

– performing a football act or;

– performing a third step.

The stipulation that slight movement of the ball while the receiver still has control no longer would result in an incompletion. Vincent pointed to the touchdown catch by the Philadelphia Eagles‘ Corey Clement in the Super Bowl as an example of a player never losing possession of the ball despite slight movement.

”That’s what the fans, coaches and players want,” Vincent said. ”They are the magical moments people are looking for, and that includes all of those (plays). It’s the biggest (proposed change). Why we want this is this is one call shaping results across the sport.”

Richard Sherman, the star cornerback who recently was cut by Seattle and signed with San Francisco Zack Greinke Jersey , approves cleaning up the rules.

”I’m in favor of it because it gives the refs more clarity,” Sherman said. ”I think anytime you can give the referees more of a straight line, an edge, to call plays, I think it’s better for the game.

”I think obviously there’s been a lot of scrutiny on the catch rule. Last year, my team was at the wrong end of it. A guy caught the ball and ran three or four steps, put his hand in the ground, fell, fumbled the ball and nobody touched him, and they said it was an incomplete pass. It was the most ridiculous thing I think I’ve ever seen.

”I think that they need to do more rules like that. They need to take the gray area out of a lot more rules because the rule book is getting too crazy. It’s getting too extensive. Every year, the refs are getting scrutinized left and right when it’s a bang-bang play. This game is happening at a million miles an hour and there’s really nothing you can do about it. The rule book is so complex. How many times can you think of 1,500 rules in a second of a play and see which ones apply to that particular play? So Authentic Kolton Miller Jersey , I think any time they can simplify the rule book and simplify the ref’s understanding and the public’s understanding is better for the game.”

Competition committee members are chairman Rich McKay, president of the Falcons; Broncos general manager John Elway; Cowboys COO Stephen Jones; Giants owner John Mara; Packers President Mark Murphy; Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome; Saints coach Sean Payton and Steelers coach Mike Tomlin.

They also are recommending:

– expanding protection of a runner, which also involves quarterbacks when they have given themselves up as a runner. Vincent cited Kiko Alonso’s hit on Baltimore quarterback Joe Flacco last season, saying the NFL must avoid an ”unnecessary shot.”

”This is strictly a safety move,” Vincent said.

– allowing the officiating staff at NFL headquarters in New York, using video review, to call for an ejection of a player committing an egregious non-football act. That would include throwing punches or being involved in a fight. Vincent pointed to acts by Rob Gronkowski and Mike Evans last season.

Vincent said there were no discussions within the competition committee regarding protocol for the pregame national anthem. Owners are expected to take up the subject on Monday or Tuesday, but no decisions are likely.

AP Pro Football Writer Josh Dubow contributed to this report.

hongwei28

Message(s) : 306

Thechants

Message par hongwei28 » 20 Août 2018, 06:33

For the past six seasons http://www.saintsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-natrell-jamerson-jersey , the Seattle Seahawks never had to worry about the player lining up on the left side of their secondary.

Richard Sherman locked down the left cornerback spot in Seattle's defensive backfield from the moment he took over as a starter in the middle of the 2011 season until he went down with a torn Achilles last November.

He made the Pro Bowl four times and was a first-team All-Pro on three occasions over his last six seasons with the Seahawks.

But with Sherman now in San Francisco, the Seahawks are asking Shaquill Griffin to move across to the left side as the team's top cornerback. It's a lot of responsibility for a second-year player.

"It's a little different step for me, but nothing that I can't focus on," Griffin said. "But I'm loving the left side and I'm honored to be on that side now. I'm here to help my team any way I can."

When Sherman was injured last season, Griffin remained on the right side of the defense with Jeremy Lane and Byron Maxwell taking over for Sherman on the left side.

With an offseason to adjust, the Seahawks decided to move Griffin to the left side and allow Maxwell to return to the right side where he started 17 games for Seattle over two seasons in 2013 and 2014.

"We think Maxie has done a really nice job on the other side Rams Authentic Jerseys , and we thought if we're going to balance it out and open it up (for competition), let's open it up on the right side and see what happens," coach Pete Carroll said.

Griffin was a third-round pick of the Seahawks last season and managed to work his way into the starting lineup after the first month of the season. He started 11 games and had 59 tackles with an interception and a sack in his rookie season.

The team has since added Shaquill's brother, Shaquem, to the linebacking group, selecting him in the fifth round of this year's draft. While Shaquem has received the headlines for making the NFL despite having his left hand amputated as a child Authentic Thomas Rawls Jersey , Shaquill will likely be the more important piece to Seattle's defense in 2018.

"He has been really comfortably involved with everything." Carroll said of Griffin. "He just looks like he's a veteran. He grew a ton out of last season."

Griffin said he's trying to be more of a leader this season with the lingering uncertainty of Kam Chancellor's playing future following a neck injury and Earl Thomas' holdout, plus Sherman's departure to the 49ers.

Add in the departures of Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett along the defensive line and that's five former Pro Bowlers not a part of Seattle's defense.

"It's just telling me I've got to play more of a leadership role and I'm looking forward to doing so," he said. "We've got some guys who are willing to step up and pull some of the weight and take care of their part. We're not going to miss a beat. We're not going to miss a step."

Griffin has been on the left side throughout the team's offseason activities and Carroll said he's had no issues making the transition.

"Physically it was no problem, he had played back and forth in earlier years," Carroll said. "His mentality about it was fine, he was wide open to it. That's most of it.

"If a guy feels uncomfortable and he's telling you he's feeling uncomfortable Kenny Young Jersey Ravens , then he is. He never balked at it at all, and there's no signs of any evidence at all that it's going to be a problem."

NOTES: Carroll said all players that were on hand for their three-day minicamp should be ready to go for the start of training camp from a health standpoint. That doesn't include S Kam Chancellor, who is awaiting tests on his neck to see if he can continue his football career, or DT Malik McDowell, who was injured in an incident prior to his rookie season and missed the entire year on the non-football injury list.

The NFL says New Orleans Saints running back Mark Ingram has been suspended for the first four regular season games of 2018 because of a violation of the league’s performance enhancing drug policy.

The league has not released details about whether Ingram has tested positive for a performance enhancing drug or simply a banned masking agent.

The league says Ingram will be eligible to participate in all offseason and preseason practices and games, and will be eligible to play in his first regular season game after the Saints visit the New York Giants on Sept. 30.

Ingram and his representatives at VIP Sports Management have not commented on the test results or whether Ingram will appeal.

Last season Authentic Ryan Jensen Jersey , Ingram rushed for a career-high 1,124 yards and 12 touchdowns to go with 416 yards receiving.

hongwei28

The Predators

Message par hongwei28 » 20 Août 2018, 06:42

鈥?First Marcedes Lewis Youth Jersey , Chuck Pagano lost Andrew Luck.Then the Indianapolis Colts started losing games.And now it has cost him a job.Six years after convincing Jim Irsay he could lead the Colts to a Super Bowl, and two years after convincing the team owner to give him a surprise contract extension, Pagano was fired Sunday less than two hours after the Colts’ beat Houston 22-13 in their season finale.The win ended a six-game losing streak but couldn’t cloak the fact Indy missed the playoffs three consecutive years, the first time that’s happened since a seven-year drought from 1988-94, or finished with its first losing record in six years.“Chuck Pagano provided Colts fans with many exciting wins and memories as head coach of the Colts,” team owner Jim Irsay said in the statement. “Throughout his tenure in Indianapolis, he impacted the lives of the players he coached, those who he worked with in the organization and Colts fans across the globe. Chuck’s first season was one of the more inspirational stories in NFL history as he courageously battled and overcame leukemia. As a result, his CHUCKSTRONG Foundation has raised millions for cancer research. We are thankful for Chuck’s contributions to our franchise and community and we wish him, Tina and the entire Pagano family nothing but the best moving forward.”It was the worst kept secret in town.Almost from the moment the Colts (4-12) were eliminated from playoff contention, speculation ramped up about Pagano’s ouster being only a matter of time.Even Pagano hinted at the move Wednesday when he referred to Sunday’s game as the “last rodeo.”And before his postgame meeting with Irsay Youth Jordan Whitehead Jersey , Pagano sounded more resigned to his fate than he did either of the last two years when his job status also was tenuous.“Call me crazy, but I’m a believer to the core. You know, I don’t know what tomorrow brings. I don’t know what the next hour brings,” Pagano said. “But I do know I’m very grateful to Jim Irsay and to the Irsay family. His unwavering commitment is second to none in football, and he’s given us everything we needed to be successful. And I’m very grateful for the opportunity he gave me.”Pagano wasn’t entirely at fault for this season’s results.The early successes and steady decline during Pagano’s tenure coincided perfectly tandem with Luck’s health.When Luck started every game during his first three seasons, the Colts won 11 games each year, reached the playoffs three times and advanced one step deeper in the postseason each year.When the injuries struck, Indy crashed. The three-time Pro Bowl quarterback missed 26 of 48 games since 2015, and the result was consecutive 8-8 finishes before this season’s (4-12) debacle during which Luck never took a snap.But to an owner who has grown accustomed to playing games deep into January, Luck’s absence wasn’t enough of a reason to give Pagano yet another chance 鈥?especially after essentially putting Pagano on notice last January that he expected a playoff appearance after firing general manager Ryan Grigson.“He (Irsay) is like all of us. He wants to win,” Pagano said in October after the Colts were shut out for the first time since 1993.It wasn’t just the playoff absences.Fans became increasingly disgruntled with a long-promised defensive turnaround that never happened Authentic Brent Burns Jersey , a series of questionable play calls, and persistent penalties.As the 2017 season wore on, the shrinking home crowds became a gauge of fan sentiment.But there were plenty of good moments, too.The 57-year-old Colorado native presided over one of the greatest single-season turnarounds in league history in 2012, turning a 2-14 team that was supposed to be the NFL’s worst into an instant playoff contender while waging a courageous public battle against leukemia. When Pagano missed 12 games to undergo chemotherapy, the tag-team coaching tandem of Pagano and offensive coordinator Bruce Arians delivered a nine-game improvement before losing to eventual world champion Baltimore in the wild-card round.Arians was voted AP Coach of the Year.Pagano went on to win AFC South titles in 2013 and 2014 and led Indy to the AFC title game following the 2014 season.He finished with a solid record of 56-46, 3-3 in the postseason.For the most part, Indy dominated inside the division, going 25-11 while setting an NFL record with 16 straight wins over division foes.But the rest of the league exposed Indy’s flaws and Pagano’s teams lost 22 times by at least two touchdowns.The unraveling began in 2015 when many thought the Colts could make a Super Bowl run and Luck first got hurt.Forty-year-old backup quarterback Matt Hasselbeck filled in admirably for Luck, who missed nine games with injuries. Hasselbeck went 5-3 as the starter and somehow the Colts managed to finish 8-8.After the season, Irsay gave Pagano a second chance and a four-year contract extension. But with Luck starting 15 of 16 games Giants Cody Latimer Jersey , the Colts posted another 8-8 mark.A third bad season was just too much to keep the player’s coach around.Many talked about their reverence for Pagano and how he did important things, like showing up to weddings other coaches did not. At times, it made a difference on the field.The first game Pagano missed after being diagnosed with leukemia, receiver Reggie Wayne risked an NFL fine by wearing orange gloves, the color associated with leukemia awareness, and almost single-handedly willing the Colts to a come-from-behind win over Green Bay.When Pagano returned for the regular-season finale, Houston running back Arian Foster honored the Colts coach by tapping the “Chuckstrong” sign after scoring a touchdown.“He always fights for you, he’s a player’s coach. You dream of playing for a coach like that,” receiver T.Y. Hilton said. “He’ Running back Duke Johnson has reached agreement with the Browns on a three-year, $15.6 million contract extension.

Johnson was Cleveland’s top playmaker last season when the club went 0-16. The 2015 third-round draft pick from Miami led the Browns with 74 catches and 693 yards receiving. He also rushed for 348 yards and scored four touchdowns.

The tough 5-foot-9, 210-pounder has at least 500 yards receiving in each of his first three seasons Cheap Robert Griffin III Jersey , joining Herschel Walker as the only players to do so.

The deal includes $7.7 million guaranteed and a $5 million signing bonus.

”I’m excited,” Johnson said. ”It’s fun to see how this team is shaping out and I want to be a part of it. You can see it with the guys they brought in on offense like Tyrod (Taylor) and (Jarvis) Landry plus the guys we already had. I think bringing in coach (Todd) Haley adds another dimension to our offense and it gives coach (Hue) Jackson the chance to be the head coach.(General manager) John Dorsey has been bringing in guys that can play, that can ball, and that gives us a chance. Now it’s about going out and doing it now.”

Among the league’s backs since 2015, Johnson is first with 6.3 yards per touch from scrimmage, 1,741 yards receiving, and 188 catches.

”Duke Johnson is a good football player,” Dorsey said. ”His hard work and commitment to the Browns organization is appreciated and we are excited to extend his contract and keep him in a Browns uniform for years to come. Duke is an excellent representative our organization. He leads by example and we look forward to him playing an important role with the Cleveland Browns moving forward.”

hongwei28

After Cousins went

Message par hongwei28 » 20 Août 2018, 06:49

NEW ORLEANS — They have a pulse Youth Ian Thomas Jersey , and now the New Orleans Pelicans feel they have a chance.

After routing the defending NBA champion Golden State Warriors 119-100 on Friday night at the Smoothie King Center to cut their Western Conference semifinal series deficit to 2-1, the Pelicans enter Game 4 on Sunday looking to get even and make it a best-of-three series.

Everything worked to perfection for the Pelicans on Friday night.

They played suffocating defense and hounded Warriors guard Stephen Curry, perhaps a bit tired in his second game back from a five-week rehab of his strained left knee, into a quiet 19-point shooting night; guard Rajon Rondo dished out a franchise-playoff-record 21 assists and pushed the pace as the Pelicans built a 25-point lead; and forward Anthony Davis scored 33 points by using an array of inside and outside moves to keep the Warriors on their heels.

New Orleans coach Alvin Gentry said Davis was so confident the Pelicans would prevail that he guaranteed the victory during a second-half timeout. Fresh in Davis’ mind had to be Game 3 in the 2015 playoffs against the Warriors when teh Pelicans blew a 20-point, fourth-quarter lead and lost in overtime.

The Pelicans, then a vastly different team, were swept in four games by Golden State. Davis said that was not happening again.

“I think about that all the time,” Davis said. “We were up 20 going into the fourth and then they come back and won it in overtime. It was tough for us. That was the message — we can’t lose this game. It’s always tough to come back from 0-3. Our mindset is to go out there, play and do what we’re supposed to do from all the game planning. Whatever results happen Anthony Miller Bears Jersey , happen.”

Game 4 should prove to be more than a battle of game plans. Rondo and Warriors forward Draymond Green have come face-to-face several times and verbally confronted each other, but neither has crossed the line and picked up a technical foul.

Warriors coach Steve Kerr said that might be considered a minor miracle for Green, known for his quick trigger.

“It’s one of the great stats of this year’s playoffs,” Kerr said, referring to Green’s technical-free play.

During Game 3, a camera caught Rondo appearing to extend a foot and trip Green 50 feet away from the action on the other side of the court. It seemed like a case of Rondo, a veteran point guard, trying to goad Green into retaliating.

“I’m not an idiot,” Green said. “I see what they’re trying to accomplish a mile away.”

“It’s kind of just how I am Joe Mixon Bengals Jersey ,” Rondo said, referring to his street-wise competitiveness. “I don’t know if that’s really trying to set an example. It’s just guys talking trash on the other team — it’s kind of just natural for me to respond. Not in a crazy way or anything, just let them know we’re not a pushover. We’re here to fight, and with my guys on the court, I’m going to fight as hard (as) I can for these guys — whatever it takes.”

Rondo’s aggressiveness seems to have lit a fire under the Pelicans. While Davis and guard Jrue Holiday have been the go-to performers for New Orleans, guard E’Twaun Moore, forward Nikola Mirotic and reserves Ian Clark and Solomon Hill came up big in Game 3.

The Pelicans had 36 assists, their fourth-highest total in any game this season. Rondo was the third player in NBA history — John Stockton and Magic Johnson are the others — with multiple 20-assist games.

“We need that energy,” Mirotic said of Rondo. “He was everywhere. He was on defense Authentic Orlando Brown Jr. Jersey , offense, talking, communicating with us. He’s just huge when the playoffs start. He’s been terrific.”

The Warriors realize the Pelicans are not the 2015 team they steamrolled.

“Obviously, (Game 3) was no fun,” Warriors guard Klay Thompson said. “They did whatever they wanted. … We have to come back on Sunday and make them more uncomfortable, because they were way too comfortable.”

The Minnesota Vikings are reportedly hoping to lock up聽wide receiver Stefon Diggs and linebacker Anthony Barr with long-term deals.聽Per Chip Scoggins of the聽Star-Tribune, the defending NFC North champions are "hoping" to retain Diggs and Barr.聽Thanks to their ability at drafting and developing franchise players on both sides of the ball, the Vikings find themselves in a difficult position of having to pay a lot of talent at roughly the same time.聽Scoggins noted the Vikings have already re-signed Harrison聽Smith, Everson Griffen Authentic Vita Vea Jersey , Xavier Rhodes, Linval Joseph and Eric Kendricks in the past two years. That doesn't include the聽three-year, fully-guaranteed $84 million deal聽given to quarterback Kirk Cousins as a free agent in March.聽Minnesota currently has $15.2 million in cap space for this season and $31.9 million available for 2019, per聽Over the Cap.聽Diggs and Barr are entering the final years of their rookie contracts.聽Barr, who was drafted ninth overall in 2014, has made three straight Pro Bowl appearances and set a career high with 75 combined tackles last season.聽Diggs tied for the team lead with eight touchdown receptions in 2017.聽The Vikings have high hopes for 2018 after going 13-3 and reaching the NFC Championship Game last season..
hongwei28

Although Brees

Message par hongwei28 » 20 Août 2018, 06:55

The NFL has promoted Maryann Turcke to chief operating officer Youth Ian Thomas Jersey , making her the highest-ranking woman at the league offices.

Turcke has overseen NFL Network in the last year. She replaces Tod Leiweke, who has left the league after three years in the job.

Turcke will lead the marketing, communications, human resources, international and events and technology departments.

”Since joining NFL Media last year, Maryann has distinguished herself by leading NFL Network to a record-setting year,” Commissioner Roger Goodell. ”We look forward to Maryann building upon this success Brian Urlacher Jersey , and her previous achievements as president of Bell Media, as she steps into this larger role. I expect her leadership, vision and corporate governance experience to help evolve our organization and take it to a higher level.”

Goodell also praised Leiweke.

”During his time here in New York, Tod was instrumental in guiding our long-term strategic process and has been a valuable resource, not only to me but to ownership, our clubs and the entire league,” he said. ”I thank him for his passion and dedication to the mission of the NFL.”

Turcke has been based in Los Angeles Authentic Quenton Nelson Jersey , but will move to the New York offices. NFL Network had a strong year with Turcke in charge, ranking second to ESPN in viewership during the season.

Goodell says more changes at NFL headquarters are coming. Recently, Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones criticized the quality of leadership at the New York offices.

When you think of the abbreviation "AI," what聽is the first thing that comes to mind? Most people would either think of Artificial Intelligence or former NBA great,聽Allen Iverson. What both of those have in common besides the AI moniker, is a mutual dislike for the New England Patriots come Super Bowl LII. As one of Philadelphia's greatest athletes, Iverson is聽undoubtedly rooting for the Eagles Youth Martavis Bryant Jersey , and as it turns out, so is the other AI.Artificial intelligence runs Amazon's virtual assistant software, Alexa. If you ask Alexa who will win the Super Bowl, it eschews the favored Patriots and instead picks the Eagles.Is Alexa a @Patriots fan, or is she rooting for the Philadelphia Eagles? There鈥檚 only one way to find out. https://t.co/UTabbieT17 pic.twitter.com/0SxdeVIFA6— Good Morning America (@GMA) February 2, 2018鈥淭he team favored to win is the (COUGH), is the (COUGH) Authentic Josh Sitton Jersey , excuse me, is the Patriots 鈥?(clears throat) that was tough to get out. But I鈥檓 flying with the Eagles on this one because of their relentless defense and the momentum they鈥檝e been riding off their underdog status. E-A-G-L-E-S! Eagles!鈥.
hongwei28

Western Conference

Message par hongwei28 » 20 Août 2018, 06:58

They came into the world together. Days removed from being teenagers Roquan Smith Bears Jersey , they made their NHL debuts together.

And after more than 2,800 regular and postseason games with the team that drafted them, they will leave the ice together for the final time late Saturday night.

Two of the league’s greats cap off sure-fire Hall of Fame careers as Daniel and Henrik Sedin lead the Vancouver Canucks against the Edmonton Oilers.

Sandwiched around Patrik Stefan and Pavel Brendl in the 1999 NHL Draft, Daniel was selected second, one spot ahead of Henrik. It took separate trades with the Chicago Blackhawks, Tampa Bay Lightning and Atlanta Thrashers to put Vancouver in position to select the Swedes.

“Five minutes before it started, (Canucks scout Thomas Gradin) walked up to us. He was yelling from the floor telling us that it was going to happen,” Henrik told Canada’s Global News in a 2016 article.

The Sedins would quickly become synonymous with Canucks hockey and go on to win scoring titles in consecutive seasons. Henrik collected 112 points en route to an MVP season in 2009-10, followed by Daniel with 104 in 2010-11.

Now 37 years old and with their respective contracts expiring at the end of the season, the twins announced in low-key fashion last Monday that this would be their final season.

“I hope we can treat the final games the same way as any other game, but it’s going to be emotional,” Henrik said at a press conference.

The twins had a storybook ending to their final game in Vancouver on Thursday. Daniel scored his second goal of the game off a helper from Henrik in overtime to lift the Canucks past the Arizona Coyotes Authentic Vita Vea Jersey , 4-3.

“You couldn’t dream of a better ending in this building,” said Daniel, who is second in franchise history with 1,041 points — and trails only Henrik with 1,070.

Both players have bedeviled Edmonton for nearly 20 years. Henrik has 17 goals and 67 assists in 95 games; Daniel has 37 goals and 47 assists in 92 games.

“They’ve been mortal enemies of the Oilers for many, many years, but we’ve also been able to appreciate and watch their skill level and how they affected and changed the game in a lot of different ways. We’ll appreciate them (Saturday) night, and enjoy the evening,” Edmonton coach Todd McLellan said Friday.

Vancouver (31-40-10) is going for a split of the four-game season series, and its second win in seven games in Alberta.

Instead of playoff hockey and like the Canucks — Edmonton (35-40-6) will look ahead to where they will be slotted in the draft lottery.

With 106 points (41 goals, 65 assists), Connor McDavid is just about a lock to become the first player to win back-to-back scoring titles since the Pittsburgh Penguins’ Jaromir Jagr took home four straight Art Ross Trophies between 1998 and 2001.

Making a bit of personal history is nice Cheap Taven Bryan Jersey , but the Oilers’ captain would rather be playing past Saturday night.

“We have nights where we’re really good and we have nights where we’re really bad,” McDavid said after notching three assists in a 4-3 win over the Vegas Golden Knights on Thursday. “It’s definitely something we’ve got to figure out. We’ve beat some good teams, and we’ve lost to some teams that ultimately we should not have lost to.”

The reigning Hart Trophy winner has 14 three-point games this season, with Edmonton going 11-2-1. The Oilers are 24-38-5 when McDavid has two or fewer points.

McDavid also has posted at least one point in all six career home games against Vancouver, totaling three goals and six assists. The Oilers are 5-0-1 in those contests.

A particularly trying season is coming to an end for Edmonton’s Cam Talbot, who has 30 wins — 12 fewer than last season. He also managed one shutout after collecting seven in 2016-17.

Since joining the Oilers, Talbot is 4-0-1 with a 1.18 GAA and two shutouts against the Canucks in Edmonton.

— Two years removed from being a first-round draft pick, receiver Corey Coleman vows he’s got plenty to prove with the Buffalo Bills after falling well short of expectations in Cleveland.

That’s the message Coleman posted on his Instagram account along with a video of him showing off his new Bills No. 19 jersey. And it’s something Coleman repeated following his first practice at Bills training camp Tuesday, two days after being acquired in a trade with the Browns.

“It feels good to be wanted,” said Coleman, wearing a towel around his neck while a steady rain fell. “They have their trust in me. I really don’t want to let them down.”

The Bills are providing Coleman a fresh start after his two-year tenure in Cleveland was beset by injuries and dropped passes. As an indication of how far his stock has fallen, Buffalo gave up a 2020 seventh-round pick to acquire the 15th player selected in the 2016 draft.

“A lot of things don’t work out the way you want it to work out Chicago Bears Jerseys Womens ,” Coleman said.

“I’ve got much respect for my teammates, man, those guys in the locker room over there in Cleveland are top-notch guys. We have a great fan base in Cleveland, too,” he added. “I’m going to leave it at that.”

If only the Browns and their fans could do the same so easily.

Traded by first-year general manager John Dorsey, Coleman came to symbolize the overall dysfunction of the Browns’ previous regime, which passed on drafting current Eagles starting quarterback Carson Wentz by trading down and selecting the Baylor receiver.

Injuries limited Coleman to playing 19 games, during which he caught 56 of the 131 passes thrown in his direction for 718 yards and five touchdowns. And he will forever be remembered in Cleveland for dropping a pass late in the fourth quarter in last season’s finale at Pittsburgh that sealed the Browns’ 0-16 finish.

“Right, it’s easy to point the finger and stuff,” Coleman said. “Every week in the NFL you see receivers drop a ball, drop a pass. It matters how you respond. And that’s a big thing.”

The Bills took what GM Brandon Beane called “a low-risk” gamble in a bid to address a need at a position that lacks experienced and proven talent behind starter Kelvin Benjamin. Coleman also has the opportunity to provide the Bills’ retooled offense an element of downfield speed to keep opposing defenses from crowding the line to stop the run.

“Look, speed is dangerous Atlanta Falcons Jerseys Womens ,” coach Sean McDermott said. “It opens up the defense a little bit for other things. So that element is important.”

As for expectations, McDermott wants to provide Coleman time to learn the playbook and become comfortable with his new teammates and surroundings.

“Can’t wait to watch him really just blossom into the player we believe he can become,” McDermott said.

Coleman practiced on a limited basis Tuesday, and it’s unclear whether he’ll play in Buffalo’s preseason opener against Carolina on Thursday.

He appreciates the amount of catching up he has ahead.

“It’s difficult, you know, but we’ve got great resources here,” Coleman said. “I’m going to work my tail off to come here, do everything I need to do.”

NOTES: McDermott wasn’t prepared to announce who will start at quarterback against the Panthers. Offseason free-agent addition AJ McCarron and returning backup Nathan Peterman have split time with the starters for the first two weeks of training camp, while rookie first-round pick Josh Allen continues to mostly work with the third-string offense. … LB Trent Murphy, an offseason free-agent addition, isn’t expected to play after missing the past week with a groin injury. McDermott expects Murphy to resume practicing next week.

hongwei28

The struggling

Message par hongwei28 » 20 Août 2018, 07:07

Jonathan Bachman/Getty ImagesFormer LSU edge-rusher Arden Key James Daniels Color Rush Jersey , widely regarded as one of the most divisive prospects in the 2018 draft class, is headed to the聽Oakland Raiders after being selected in the third round with the 87th overall pick.聽聽OAKLAND RAIDERS RAIDERSAnother key on D.We have selected ArdenKey, DE from LSUFootball, with the No. 87 overall pick. #RaiderNation X #NFLDraftWe have also traded the No. 89 and No. 217 overall picks. qyTSPcvF1UHere's what Twitter had to say about the Raiders bringing in Key to play on the same defensive line as Khalil Mack:Ian Rapoport RapSheetThe #Raiders trade up and grab talented #LSU pass-rusher Arden Key. A first-round talent, went to rehab voluntarily in college. They did a lot of homework on him. Feel comfortable.Larry Holder LarryHolderYou remember when Derrius Guice and Arden Key were supposed to be top 10 picks?Michael Gehlken GehlkenNFLRaiders select LSU DE Arden Key with No. 87 pick. Moved up from No. 89. Cost a sixth-round pick (217 overall). On-field talent not the question for edge rusher. Off-field issues are.NFL Draft Diamonds DraftDiamondsRaiders are really doing something good there. I love their draft. Two small schoolers and Arden Key in the 3rd?Dennis Johnson CoachDJ_So proud of ardenkey Keep grinding! #LSU Shine On!EG 馃挱 DreamandGrindCongrats bro ardenkey show them they slept on you .. 馃挴Jason La Canfora JasonLaCanforaArden Key has all kinds of red flags ... but serious pass rush potential as well. Quintessential Raiders pickMichael Lombardi mlombardiNFLPaul Gunther has had success turning underachieving DL into great players. Arden Key is the next project and I think he might make it work.Key was considered one of the top prospects in the class of 2018 entering his junior season after he logged a school-record 12 sacks as a sophomore.聽However, his stock started to slide last season because shoulder surgery and a knee injury limited him to eight appearances. All told Authentic Riley Sutter Jersey , he managed four sacks and 33 total tackles,聽including 5.5 for loss, before declaring for the draft.聽On top of that, NFL.com's聽Lance Zierlein noted evaluators grew "worried about his personal discipline" when he stepped away from the team before the start of the 2017 season to voluntarily enter a rehabilitation program for marijuana use.聽"It was time to take time away from football," Key's father told the Advocate's Ross Dellenger. "He lost himself. He had so much success early. All the pressures of being a student-athlete. We forget he's still a kid trying to balance life out. It was all coming down on him."Despite those hiccups, Key touts the speed and size (6'5'' Jets Terrelle Pryor Sr. Jersey , 238 pounds) to wreak havoc off the edge in the pros and make his presence felt at a high rate, according to Pro Football Focus:聽PFF College PFF_CollegeLSU edge defender Arden Key brought in a QB pressure every 5.8 pass-rushing snaps across his career - to the tune of 140 career QB pressures tht6EbVKQ1"Key has some similarities to Pro Football Hall of Famer聽Jason Taylor," NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah wrote.聽"They have a similar frame/length and they both have great instincts as pass-rushers."With the Raiders, Key should factor into the picture as a rotational edge-rusher as a rookie.聽Specifically, the LSU product should be thrust into action on obvious passing downs as a pass-rushing specialist who can bring pressure along with Mack, Bruce Irvin and the rest of the Raiders' edge forces.聽So while a starting role may be a year away Clive Walford Jersey Elite , Key should make an immediate impact in some form or another as the Raiders eye a return to form following a disappointing 2017 season. — San Francisco 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo is going to play at least one possession in the preseason opener Thursday night against the Dallas Cowboys, coach Kyle Shanahan said.

“He’ll play somewhat into the first quarter. We’ll see how long the opening drive is,” Shanahan said Tuesday.

Garoppolo will be taking his first snaps in a game since signing a five-year, $137.5 million contract in February. Garoppolo has looked good during training camp, including Tuesday’s practice when he hit receiver Aldrick Robinson for a pair of touchdowns during full-team drills.

Shanahan said he hasn’t determined which veterans will play and which will be given the night off.

Cornerback Richard Sherman was ruled out earlier after suffering a hamstring injury during practice Friday. He spent Tuesday doing conditioning drills and will be re-evaluated next week when San Francisco returns to practice.

Former first-round pick Jimmie Ward is expected to start in Sherman’s place despite also missing recent practices with a hamstring injury. Ward returned to full-team drills on Monday to play Sherman’s spot at left cornerback after playing free safety in 2017.

Free agent guard Jonathan Cooper, who signed a one-year deal in the spring Mike Hughes Jersey , inserted himself into the competition to start at right guard this week by participating in team drills for the first time since offseason knee surgery. But Cooper hasn’t had enough time in practice to play against the Cowboys.

“He’s not able to get through a practice yet,” Shanahan said. “We’re just putting him in, I want to say it’s two plays a period. We’re very selective with those plays we put him in. Just trying to build back his confidence from coming off his injury.”

Shanahan said the game will dictate how many snaps the defensive starters get.

“It’s kind of a feel. We don’t want to keep them out there too long, but we definitely want guys to get some reps,” he said.

hongwei28

The Philadelphia

Message par hongwei28 » 20 Août 2018, 07:09

The Los Angeles Rams will get to make up for lost time with eight picks on Day 3 of the NFL draft on Saturday.

With four picks in both the fourth and sixth rounds Authentic Kentavius Street Jersey , the Rams will have plenty of chances to address needs in the defensive front seven. The Rams have to replace outside linebackers Robert Quinn and Connor Barwin, who combined for 13.5 sacks last season, and inside linebacker Alec Ogletree, who led the team with 95 tackles.

Head coach Sean McVay identified replenishing depth throughout the roster as another goal, something they accomplished with their lone selection so far by taking TCU offensive tackle Joe Noteboom in the third round. Noteboom could serve as the swing tackle while being groomed as the eventual successor to Andrew Whitworth at left tackle.

Special teams contributions will also be a priority as several core players are expected to fill larger roles this season.

__

Capsule preview for the NBA Finals between the Cleveland Cavaliers and Golden State Warriors:

NBA FINALS

No. 4 CLEVELAND CAVALIERS (50-32 Babe Ruth Jersey , 12-6) vs. No. 2 GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS (58-24, 12-5)

Season series: Warriors, 2-0.

Story line: The fourth consecutive Cavaliers-Warriors matchup in the NBA Finals, the eighth straight trip to the title series for Cleveland star LeBron James, and once again it’s Golden State that arrives as the overwhelming favorite. Both teams needed to survive Game 7s on the road to win their conference championships Browns Elite Jerseys , winning those clinchers in shorthanded fashion – no Andre Iguodala for Golden State, no Kevin Love for Cleveland. James will either become the 39th player with four NBA championships, or the third to lose the title series six times.

How They Got Here: Cleveland beat No. 5 Indiana 4-3, No. 1 Toronto 4-0 and No. 2 Boston 4-3 for the Eastern Conference title. Golden State beat No. 7 San Antonio 4-1, No. 6 New Orleans 4-1 and No. 1 Houston 4-3 for the Western Conference title.

Key Matchup: Golden State’s Klay Thompson vs. Cleveland’s J.R. Smith. It’s safe to expect James DJ Chark Jersey Elite , Stephen Curry and Kevin Durant to be spectacular in this series. The Warriors have more firepower than the Cavs, but they’re only great when firing on all cylinders. Smith needs to take every last bit of available space away from the ultra-quick-releasing Thompson and not let him get shots off. Should he succeed, that’s a big edge for the Cavs.

How the Cavaliers can win: James being spectacular is a prerequisite, and Cleveland needs to bring the same defensive effort that carried the Cavs in the Game 7 win at Boston. From there, Cleveland needs to do what Houston did against Golden State – force turnovers and attack the offensive glass.

How the Warriors can win: Take care of the basketball. Do that http://www.bengalsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-mark-walton-jersey , and they will be fine. Don’t do that, and they’re asking for trouble.

Prediction: Warriors in 5.

Compiled by AP Basketball Writer Tim Reynolds

hongwei28

The Toronto

Message par hongwei28 » 20 Août 2018, 07:21

鈥?Seattle Seahawks offensive lineman Germain Ifedi was fined $24 Josh Jackson Youth Jersey ,309 by the NFL on Friday for verbal abuse of a game official.Ifedi was just one of several members of the Seahawks docked Friday for their actions in the 30-24 loss at Jacksonville last Sunday.Sheldon Richardson and Quinton Jefferson were both fined $9,115 for unnecessary roughness penalties that got them ejected from the game in the final minute.Seahawks coach Pete Carroll, Jaguars offensive line coach Pat Flaherty and Jaguars wide receivers coach Keenan McCardell were fined $10,000 each for improperly going on the field during the game.Jacksonville running back Leonard Fournette was also fined $12,154 for unsportsmanlike conduct.Houston’s Benardrick McKinney and Cincinnati’s Chris Smith were each docked $18,231 for roughing the passer penalties. San Francisco’s Garrett Celek was fined the same amount for a horsecollar tackle, while Pittsburgh’s Sean Davis has to pay $18,231 for unnecessary roughness after a hit out of bounds.Fined $9 Justin Reid Jersey Elite ,115 for facemask penalties were: Carolina’s Matt Kalil, New Orleans’ Vonn Bell and the Los Angeles Chargers’ Korey Toomer. The 2018 NFL season is less than two months away from kickoff, and USA Today has already unleashed its predictions for what should be yet another epic and memorable campaign.But聽even though fans enjoy seeing what the experts predict every year, we know that every projection is met with harsh criticism. Nate Davis of USA Today Sports projected every team's record for the upcoming season, which you can see below.It's NFL prediction time! @ByNateDavis picks all 267 games (including Super Bowl LIII): https://t.co/0R3nkKYvvs pic.twitter.com/sXQXqJeHxZ— USA TODAY Sports (@usatodaysports) July 19, 2018Obviously, it's surprising to see Davis giving the Seattle Seahawks聽just four wins last season. They lost a handful of their impact players on defense this offseason, but Russell Wilson is among the game's elite quarterbacks and should help them salvage at least a .500 season.Coming off their first playoff berth in 18 years Kyle Gibson Minnesota Twins Jersey , the Buffalo Bills upgraded at quarterback by signing A.J. McCarron and drafting Josh Allen. However, Davis gives the Bills just three wins in 2018.But other than that, none of Davis' other projections look all too bold. He projects massive turnarounds for the Denver Broncos (5-11 in 2017), and Houston Texans (4-12), which seems possible as long as both teams stay healthy.Nonetheless, the usual critics ripped the USA Today NFL projections.The USA Today NFL Predictions are such a joke.— Christian Lemke (@ChrisLemke23) July 20, 2018Let鈥檚 look at how accurate @ByNateDavis @USATODAY was on his 2017 @NFL predictions?#nope pic.twitter.com/vKzd9qHdJn— Paul Dutzy (@honolulubluefan) July 20, 2018USA Today's NFL predictions are always garbage— Pete (@pdaniels845) July 20 Cheap Kentavius Street Jersey , 2018As for Super Bowl 53, Davis projects that the Atlanta Falcons will get over their unbelievable meltdown from two years ago against the New England Patriots. He has Matt Ryan and co. winning Super Bowl 53 in Atlanta, defeating the Los Angeles Chargers. If Davis is right, the Falcons will become the first team to win a Super Bowl in their own city. Again, it's important to know that every expert will be criticized for his or her predictions, with the popular accusation being that they hate your favorite team. At the end of the day, there's only one winner, and only Chargers and Falcons fans will happily agree with Davis' projections.Remember folks Fernando Rodney Jersey , it's only a game, and season predictions are all good and fun. Find us somebody who picked the Philadelphia Eagles to win Super Bowl 52, or a person who had the Jacksonville Jaguars reaching the 2017 AFC Championship. At the end of the day, predictions have nothing to do with what will happen in the 2018 season..
hongwei28

Barzal was

Message par hongwei28 » 20 Août 2018, 07:26

Edwin Jackson figures he’ll enjoy pitching for as long as teams are willing to put him on the mound.

Jackson tied a record Monday when he played for his 13th major league club Chiefs Robert Golden Jersey , allowing a run in six innings for the Oakland Athletics in their 5-4 victory over the Detroit Tigers. Called up from Triple-A for his first big league appearance of 2018, Jackson matched the mark for most teams set by former reliever Octavio Dotel.

”It’s always good to be wanted,” Jackson said. ”When I can’t find a team that wants to bring me in, then I guess it’ll be time to sit it down. But until then, I like to come out. I like to compete, to have fun. I feel like I still have something in me and that I can bring value to a team.”

Jed Lowrie hit a tiebreaking solo homer in the top of the ninth. The A’s trailed 4-1 after Detroit’s Nicholas Castellanos hit a three-run homer in the seventh, but Oakland scored three in the eighth off Joe Jimenez to tie it. Then Lowrie connected for his 12th home run of the year, barely fair down the line in right field off a cutter from Shane Greene (2-4).

Lou Trivino (6-1) got the win in relief, and Blake Treinen pitched the ninth for his 18th save in 20 chances. The A’s have won seven of nine.

Jordan Zimmermann pitched five scoreless innings for the Tigers, but that wasn’t enough to prevent Detroit’s sixth straight loss.

”I felt good,” Zimmermann said. ”I threw a lot of sliders today, and they were pretty good.”

Stephen Piscotty and Jonathan Lucroy had three hits apiece for Oakland. Piscotty hit a solo homer in the seventh to tie it at 1. The A’s have homered in a record 26 consecutive road games.

The 34-year-old Jackson allowed six hits and struck out seven with no walks. It was his first start since Sept. 28, when he was with Washington.

”For most guys Authentic Brandon Parker Jersey , it’s tough to go to a new team in the middle of a season. There can be some nerves and some uncomfortableness being with a new team,” A’s manager Bob Melvin said. ”This is probably the last guy that you worry about that, being that it’s his 13th team. He seemed real comfortable when he came out of the bullpen, seemed really comfortable when he took the mound. That has a lot to do with experience.”

Down by three in the eighth, Oakland chipped away against Jimenez. Marcus Semien hit a sacrifice fly, and Lucroy followed with an RBI single. Then Franklin Barreto tied it with a run-scoring double.

John Hicks hit an RBI single for Detroit in the fourth to open the scoring.

Oakland center fielder Dustin Fowler made a diving catch with a runner on second to end the seventh.

JOURNEY

Jackson made his big league debut in 2003 with the Dodgers. He’s also pitched for the Rays, Tigers, Diamondbacks, White Sox, Cardinals, Nationals, Cubs, Braves Breeland Speaks Jersey , Marlins, Padres and Orioles. Detroit traded him in 2009 as part of the three-team deal with Arizona and the New York Yankees that brought Max Scherzer to the Tigers.

”I’ve been playing against him forever, so I was pretty familiar with his stuff, just from a hitting standpoint,” said Lucroy, Oakland’s catcher. ”Look, this guy’s an innings eater. He throws strikes. He fills the zone up, attacks guys. Veteran pitcher who knows exactly what he’s doing out there.”

Monday marked eight years since Jackson threw a no-hitter for Arizona at Tampa Bay.

CITIZENS

Before the game, the Tigers held a ceremony for a group of people being sworn in as American citizens. Included were Detroit shortstop Jose Iglesias and outfielder Leonys Martin, both natives of Cuba.

”It’s amazing,” Iglesias said before the game. ”Become an American citizen on a ballpark, and with full uniform and everything. It’s a blessing.”

TRAINER’S ROOM

Athletics: Oakland reinstated LHP Ryan Buchter from the disabled list. He’d been on the DL since April 26 with a strained left shoulder. The A’s also purchased Jackson’s contract from Triple-A Nashville, designated RHP Liam Hendriks for assignment and optioned OF Nick Martini to Nashville.

UP NEXT

Detroit sends LHP Blaine Hardy (3-1) to the mound Tuesday night against Oakland RHP Frankie Montas (4-1).

The Tennessee Titans are doing their best to recreate the Patriot Way in Music City.

General manager Jon Robinson Youth Washington Redskins Jerseys , hired in January 2016, got his NFL start as a New England scout. Robinson signed cornerback Logan Ryan as a free agent last year. He then hired Mike Vrabel, who won three Super Bowls as a Patriots linebacker, as Tennessee’s new coach in January after the Titans’ season ended in Foxborough in the divisional round of the playoffs.

Now the Titans are kicking off free agency by agreeing to deals with a pair of Patriots in cornerback Malcolm Butler and running back Dion Lewis.

Agent Derek Simpson told The Associated Press on Tuesday that Butler will sign a five-year deal worth more than $60 million, which includes more than $30 million guaranteed, once free agency begins. A person familiar with the deal told the AP that Lewis has agreed on a four-year contract worth a maximum value of $23.4 million .

The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because signings can’t become official until the start of the new league year on Wednesday. ESPN’s Adam Schefter first reported the deal.

The Titans declined to comment because free agency does not begin until Wednesday afternoon. Tennessee had approximately $59 million in salary cap space to spend after releasing running back DeMarco Murray and three other players last week.

The 28-year-old Butler is a Vicksburg, Mississippi, native who went undrafted out of West Alabama but spent the past four seasons with the Patriots. Butler started 48 of his 59 games and has eight career interceptions. He was the hero of New England’s Super Bowl win after the 2014 season, intercepting a pass to seal the 28-24 victory over Seattle.

The New Orleans Saints pursued Butler as a restricted free agent last year, but the trade price was too high.

The cornerback was well-respected in the Patriots’ locker room and played last season under a $3.9 million tender offer. After a slow start, he ended up playing 98 percent of New England’s defensive snaps and finished the season with two interceptions.

Butler started the Patriots’ first two playoff games before he was mysteriously benched for the Super Bowl. He played only one snap – on special teams – in New England’s 41-33 loss to Philadelphia. Butler later denied any off-field misconduct, saying he never missed a curfew or did anything to hurt the Patriots’ chances.

His two interceptions were the same number as fellow cornerback Stephon Gilmore, who was signed by the Patriots to a five-year Authentic Sam Darnold Jersey , $65 million deal last spring.

The Titans will add Butler to a secondary already featuring Ryan and Adoree Jackson, who started 16 games after being drafted 18th overall. Ryan wrote on Twitter earlier Tuesday that he was working the phones recruiting free agents to Tennessee.

The Titans ranked 13th in total defense and improved slightly against the pass, giving up 239.3 yards through the air to move from 30th in 2016 to 25th overall.

After releasing Murray, the Titans needed more help for quarterback Marcus Mariota and new offensive coordinator Matt LaFleur.

Lewis joins a backfield already featuring Derrick Henry, the 2015 Heisman Trophy winner from Alabama, who had bided his time behind Murray his first two seasons. Lewis is a big receiving threat with 109 catches in his three seasons with New England, even with his first season in 2015 cut short by knee surgery after seven games.

He played just seven games during his return in 2016, but he had a career season in 2017, leading New England with 896 rushing yards and six rushing touchdowns. He also had three receiving scores and was the Patriots’ best kickoff returner, posting a 103-yard return for a touchdown against Denver.

AP Sports Writer Brett Martel in New Orleans and AP Sports Writer Kyle Hightower in Boston contributed to this report.

hongwei28

PrécédentSuivant

Retour vers Origine, Naissance et Vision de Camfaith